A fats and cholesterol quizMarch 7, 2007
Here’s a simple test of your knowledge about fats and cholesterol.
Consider the following statements:
- High-fat foods cause heart disease
- High cholesterol causes heart disease
- High fat foods raise blood cholesterol
- Cholesterol blocks arteries
- Animal studies prove the diet-heart idea (that diet affects heart disease)
- Lowering your cholesterol will lengthen your life
- Polyunsaturated oils are good for you
- The cholesterol campaign (to get people to reduce their cholesterol levels) is based on good science
- All scientists support the diet-heart idea.
Which of the above statements are TRUE?
Which statements are FALSE?
I will provide the answers in a couple of days. But if you have been following my writings on this blog as well as my STOP Trans Fats website, you should know the answers.